Welcome to Developer Updates #17!
Hello, adventurers! Hope you are doing well!
As you could see from our last announcement, we’ve hired more talents to the team 一 and the best part: this is just the beginning! We know the importance of investing in the team for us to develop the MMORPG that you all want to play and have fun with.
We received over 500 nice feedbacks during Alpha 4, and all of them were reviewed by the team. The new additions are already helping us to go through all the approved suggestions, so you may notice from this and the next Developer Updates that several improvements (mainly QoL) will be added over time!
But that’s not all! I am also very happy to say we are completely revamping the Tutorial. Players will be able to experience a much more intuitive Tutorial with a lot of focus on the lore (we know that many of you are passionate about lore). With this and other additions, such as the attack animations, we expect Alpha 5 to be the best Alpha of Ravendawn!
If you want to join this next adventure with us, make sure to guarantee your Supporter Pack here!
- Shift + Tab targets the player’s last attackers in PvP now
- Now the players’ progress during an Event will not be wiped out if they die
- Now players don’t lose crafting items if they cancel a craft before using at least 1 skill
- Now all the crafted Quest items are Soulbond
- Now players can also close doors by interacting them with ‘F’
- Spells sounds are now louder as the player consumes Aether
- Flame Tornado no longer blocks the way when casted
- Worked on the new Tutorial 一 much more complete and intuitive
- Added party members on the Mini Map and World Map
- Players can now choose which Quests they want to see on the Quest Tracker
- Added mouse hover tooltip with the description of items when buying from the NPCs
- Added ",” (comma) to the numbers on the experience bar
- Added warning/confirmation message before replacing a room inside a house
- Players can now check how much Silver they have when on House Management Mode
- Updated the hotbars on ‘Edit UI’ - now it only display 1 main hotbar
- Added gray shade to not infusable items when using the Infusion Tab
- Created several combinations of gold coins, boxes, jars & shelves to be placed in the Treasure Room
- Created new animation when the player casts a spell that consumed 5 Aether
- Created several combinations of destroyed wooden walls
- Created several traps assets
- Created and updated old wall signs sprites
- Created new mushrooms
- Created the design and animation for the boss Jaymes
- Created the design of the boss Zander
- Created the animation for the boss Serafine
- Created base outfits for the player’s teenage version
- Completed the basic attack animations for the player’s teenage version
- Updated the barrels, boxes and ladders assets
- Now players can properly pass through others if they are not in a fight
- When in houses, the room bonuses are only applied when inside of it
- Dynamic Events that requests to deliver items are now displaying the Silver reward on the Quest Log
- Fixed an error where it would not be possible to close Bandit’s dialog screens
- The door in front of the NPC Fullmetal Alchemist is now working properly
- The second wave in “Piss Drunk Patrons” now has the correct amount of creatures
- Trees and ores that players can use during “Running Out of Stock” are now only gatherable during this quest
- The ‘F’ key interaction is now working properly in “Sugarcane Infestation”
- The guards are now letting the players pass in “High Class Hostages”
- In “High Class Hostages”, players who have already completed the quest are now automatically teleported out of the boss area when it is killed
- Ring of Whispers is now working properly
- The Desert Opal is stealing Health as it is supposed to when the player is facing Ghaz Raiders
- The NPC Cleatenus is now displaying the correct dialogues.
- The last pirate in “Piss Drunk Patrons” is now appearing correctly
- “Crafting for a Reward” - Fixed a bug where the available quest icon would not appear and the mission complete icon would appear when the quest was started
- “Cult of The Arrow” - The box near Denise is now working properly
- “Crafting for a Reward” - Sceptre, Staff and Bow are now being displayed as rewards
- & More!
WOW! I wouldn't want to encounter one of these creatures at night…
(The quality is lower because it was slightly resized to avoid ripping)
Thanks for your attention and see you next time!