It has been an incredible journey since the conclusion of our Open Beta, and we cannot express enough gratitude for your unwavering support and enthusiasm!
May was entirely dedicated to reading, understanding and working on the results of the Feedback Form. Your feedback has been invaluable, and our team has been hard at work through this month, diving deep into addressing your concerns, polishing existing features, and adding more features to the game!
This Developer Updates contains several significant updates between balancing, QoL and new additions that you have been requesting for a long time ー we are sure you will enjoy checking out the additions, changes and fixes that have been applied so far. Please note that this is only related to May and more changes will come until the Open Beta 2.
Our plans for the upcoming weeks and for the next development cycle until Open Beta 2 remain the same: the continuation of the hard work to guarantee that the next phase will exceed your expectations! And, of course, more Developer Updates will be posted until the release of OB2!
Welcome and Enjoy the Developer Updates #26!
- Added the Disenchanting & Upgrading Ravencards System;
- Added Voice Acting to the Tutorial NPCs;
- Added the new Mentor System ー If you have the highest Level in your party, the system allows you to downscale your Effective Level to match the party member with the 2nd highest level. This enables players to participate in content with their friends without any level difference issues, ensuring that everyone can benefit from the content equally;
- Added the new Waypoint System ー Players can now teleport to different Shrines around the World Map (without Tradepacks), and different Shrines require different levels. Using the Waypoint System costs Silver;
- Added the possibility to sell creature loot to Munk Quartermasters (Rangers Company);
- Added 1 new Tier to Ships ー Basic Tier obtained through Quests
- Added 2 new Tiers to Wagons (T2 and T4) ー Basic Tier is now only obtained through Quests
- Applied changes to Channeling Spells ー Losing line of sight or target moving out of the screen now cancels the channeling;
- Applied changes to the creature's strength ー Creatures will now be ~20% stronger;
- Applied changes to the AP/DP Damage Formulas ー The damage was scaling in a different way than it should, not scaling as proportional as primarily intended. Now the way the damage (dealt or taken) is calculated will be much smoother when adding more AP/DP than it was before;
- Applied changes to the AP/DP gained per Level:
- Before: Lv 1-10 (1 AP/DP), Lv 11-30 (2 AP/DP) and Lv 31+ (3 AP/DP).
- Now: Lv 1-30 (2 AP/DP) and Lv 31+ (3 AP/DP).
- Applied changes to Mining:
- Double Ore can happen only three times on the same node.
- Experience gained from Mining Nodes has been increased by 20%.
- Applied changes to the Attributes Softcap System ー A new Devblog will be released soon;
- Open World Woodcutting ー Open World trees now provide “Natural Log" instead of “Log”;
- The House Gathering speed is now based on the amount of tiles that the crop/animal occupies in the map ー 1 tile occupied = 7s to gather;
- Story Quests in the World Map are now shown within 200 tiles of distance, while Dynamic and Environmental Quests appear for players at max of 100 tiles of distance;
- Healing a player in a PvP Battle now adds PvP Status to the healer;
- Removed Anchoring from Ships ー Players can now fish without anchoring;
- Items received from Quests will now be sent to the Mail when the Inventory is full;
- Creatures killed for Quests are now shared equally for each party member;
- Applied changes to Meditate:
- Before: Regenerate (5% of Spell Power) as Health and Mana per second while in combat.
- Now: Increase the effectiveness of your Healing over Time skills by 20%.
- Applied changes to Party Recovery:
- Before: Restores (15% of Healing Power) as Health and Mana for 15 seconds to the entire party. Regenerates additional 2% of Healing Power as Health and Mana per 10 Aether consumed.
- Now: Restores (20% of Healing Power) as Health for 15 seconds to the entire party. Regenerates additional 3% of Healing Power as Health per 10 Aether consumed.
- Applied changes to Death Blossom:
- The skill will now only hit three times or three opponents instead of hitting all enemies around three times. Hitting the same target more than once will reduce the damage by 50% on each subsequent hit.
- Created a new UI for Disenchanting & Upgrading Ravencards;
- Created new UI icons ー Professions & Archetypes;
- Created NPCs icons to be displayed next to their names ー Related to their roles in-game;
- Created a new tooltip to display the cost of the houses when claiming a land;
- Created a pop-up confirm button to be displayed when changing Archetypes ー Information about changing Effective Level;
- Applied changes (appearance) to the Quest Location Markers;
- Applied changes to the Bounty Board ー Added missing images of some creatures;
- Applied changes to the Party UI ー Now your name will be displayed in blue instead of yellow;
- Added preview of the Archetype spells when selecting a new one ー Similar to the character creation screen;
- Added complete tooltips for set bonuses and Moas, Ships & Wagons
- Revamped Chat UI ー Now it’s also possible to select text in the chats and copy it;
- Created several new decor items for the Djinn Temple ー Crystals, Orbs, Wall Decoration & more;
- Created several new decor items for Dark Tomb ー Destroyed Walls, New Tiles, Infernal & Lava Connections, Dark Stone Structure & more;
- Created several new decor items for Ravencrest City ー Wall Ornaments, Tents, Statues, Ornament Railing & more;
- Created several new decor items for the Desert ー Jackals Structures, Ornaments, Barrels & more;
- Created a new and dedicated outfit for Game Masters;
- Created attack animations for several (and new) creatures ー Zephyr (Boss), Jackals Family, Imp, Herald, Dusk Crawler, Morning Fox, Phoenix, Hellhound, Widowalker, Djinn Mage & more;
- Created several new environment assets ー Morningstars Decoration, Egg Totems, Lord Skorn Statue, Zorian Nests, Demonic Portal, Cult of the Skorn Symbol, Hollow Tree & more;
- Created new effect animations for several assets ー Treasure Chest, Crystallized Arcane Energy, Bell, Cleave Effect, Ground Impact, Teleport, Poof, Energy, Blast & Howl Effects;
- Created new NPCs and its animations ー Zogl’omor, Cryptic Hag, Hierophant Sigrid & more
- Applied changes on Level Synchronization (Dynamic Quests) ー Health and Mana will now be proportionally updated based on the percentage of current Health/Mana relative to the maximum Health/Mana;
- Channeling sound effects are now properly interrupted if the player gets away from the target during the channeling;
- Dual-wield with Scepter is no longer possible;
- Shore fishing spots are now properly spawning in the ocean;
- Fixed the possibility of forming a party of more than 5 players by inviting them on different channels;
- Damage from Traps ー In Combat status is now being applied for the correct amount of time, preventing players from logging off with debuffs still in place;
- Many-Eyes Trunk ー The Ravencard is now properly working with targets other than yourself;
- Frostrisen Sharpshooter ー The effect of the Ravencard is now properly activating;
- Goblin Berserker ー The effect of the Ravencard is now properly activating;
- Channeling skills are now properly activating passives that require a cast, even if canceled;
- Healing Channel can now deal critical healings properly;
- Healing Air Sphere is now with the correct description;
- Amplification is now properly working with the Mana cost of non-damaging skills;
- Blitz is now properly showing its icon for the player whenever it is active;
- Cyclone & Dawn Arrow are now properly running their attack animations on cast;
- Bladestorm is now properly dealing damage;
- Players can now properly receive healing from other players while using Illusive
- & More Minor Adjustments and Fixes
A wild Game Master appears! Want to know how GMs will look like in-game?! Check the new official outfit below and let us know if you like it!
Thanks for your attention and see you in the next Developer Updates!